i really wish tumblr wasn’t so unforgiving because it’s resulted in this overly cautious environment where everyone is deathly afraid to be unintentionally offensive
there is no surefire way to avoid offending someone, offensive content varies from person to person and there is absolutely no way to satisfy everyone
and because of that you shouldn’t have to walk on eggshells. make mistakes, learn from them, have a good time.
this was a good post
that’s the whole point. there is no way to not offend everyone. Thats is life. Learn what can offend, and toughen up if you do offend some one. Learn to apologize and mean it, and then MOVE ON.
seriously i hate these posts (sorry friend who reblogged this isn’t directly pointed at you). In the real world we offend and it can’t be avoided. But it’s better to learn online then accidentally i dunno offend some one in public? or a boss years down the line? Or if you do either of those things, know how to properly apologize for it.
also WOW just noticed OP complimented their own post a haha, jesus are you serious?
Why are you so angry about JLaw's nudes being leaked? I thought you didn't like her.
- i am angry because this is just another example of women being shamed for taking nudes instead of the douchebag who spreads them being shamed for violating someone’s privacy like that
- i am angry because nobody deserves this, regardless of how i feel about their personality
- i am angry because this is pure misogyny and shows how women aren’t respected in our culture
- i am angry because she did not consent to having those pics posted everywhere but they still were
- i am angry because on the VERY RARE occasion this happens to a male celeb he is not shamed but rather the perpetrator is and it’s forgotten quickly whereas this will haunt jennifer for years and years to come
- i am angry because this was a sex crime and people are treating it like a joke
- i am angry because she is being exploited/objectified and some gross dudebros are probably jacking off to those pics
- i am angry because people are CONGRATULATING the fucker who did such an atrocious thing to her instead of being appalled
listen i may not like her personally but the fact remains that as a human being she is entitled to body autonomy and to choose who sees her naked body and who doesn’t
A snippet from an article on Huffington Post about what it means to be working poor.
Pretty spot on…
I got into an argument today with someone who is a landlord, and they were outraged, outraged, to find that their evicted tenants owned an Xbox 360. Never mind that the console was ten years old and worth perhaps $50 on Craigslist, they were outraged that their evicted tenants did not sell it, along with the very clothes on their back, to pay their back rent. I tried to explain to him that when you are $1800 in back rent, $50 isn’t even a dent in that debt. Why bother? Why bother selling that $50 item if it isn’t going to get you any less evicted? If it’s not going to save you, you’ll hold on to it. Money becomes meaningless when you’ll never have enough to hold onto. You just let it flow like water through your hands. It’s all gone anyways, no matter what you do. It was gone before it ever touched you.
This is what middle-class people and above never understand.
Book Geek Quote #591
The kardashians watching Beyoncé all salty cuz they have no talent.
Like why were they even there?
Their family is full of successful business women who are mothers, managers, television hosts, models, and video game producers. Just because they can’t sing or dance does not mean they don’t have talent.
a brony called me unattractive
because i have hair on my legs
You know what I find unattractive? Narcissism, fishing for compliments, refusing to believe that someone finds you unattractive, and feeling the need to throw someone’s hobby in like it’s an insult
cool anyway im beautiful
Still the best Spider-Man villain one-liner